The AMEC Convention 2013 will be held from 3 – 4 September at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre. Organised by the Association of Mining and Exploration Companies (AMEC), Australia’s peak industry body for mineral exploration and mining, the AMEC Convention 2013 is the key industry event in Australia.
This year the AMEC Convention will present The Case for Confidence in mineral exploration and mining, tapping into the current discussions on the future of the industry. It is a must attend event, bringing together a diverse range of industry leaders to speak on current topics and issues facing the mineral exploration and mining industry.
AMEC CEO Simon Bennison said, “We have chosen topics that will help the industry and service providers stay abreast in the current market. Mining in Australia is currently feeling the effects of an uncertain global market, downturns in commodity prices and difficulties raising capital. This year’s AMEC Convention will set the policy agenda and provide helpful advice on operating in the current climate”.
We are pleased to announce the keynote speakers this year include the following industry and government professionals:
- Hon Gary Gray, Minister for Resources and Energy, Small Business and Tourism, Australian Government
- Hon Bill Marmion, Minister for Mines and Petroleum, Western Australian Government.
- David Murray, Former Chairman, Future Fund
- Senator Mathias Cormann, Shadow Assistant Treasurer and Shadow Minister for Financial Services and Superannuation, Australian Government
- Michael Deegan, National Infrastructure Coordinator, Infrastructure Australia
- Hon Willem Westra van Holthe, Minister for Mines and Energy, Northern Territory Government
- Hon Chris Hartcher, Minister for Resources and Energy, New South Wales Government
- Elmer Funke Kupper, Managing Director and CEO, ASX Group
The two day event will also feature a large exhibition area with a range of small and emerging mining companies, junior mineral exploration companies and service providers to the industry. This is a great networking opportunity and has been well received with positive feedback year on year.
This year we are also offering a pre-convention workshop on Monday 2 September 2013 at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre. The Opportunity Australia Workshop will provide an introduction to Australian mineral exploration and mining.
Featuring a number of high profile industry experts and covering a broad range to topics, this is an ideal workshop for retail or overseas investors and anyone new to the mining and exploration industry.
Some of the key topics covered in this workshop will include Australian Security Exchange Rules, JORC Code, Australian Tax Implications, Australian Land Access, Australian Geology and Workforce & Skills.
The AMEC Convention 2012 was a great success with over 900 registered delegates and 100 exhibition booths. This is an exceptional growth on the previous year and highlights the increasing support for this event year on year.
For more information about the AMEC Convention 2013 or to register today, visit www.amecconvention.com.au